Where And How Hitler's Body Was Disposed Of - CoverUps.com


With the Russians, marching through Berlin and almost literally at the door, the surviving Bunker personnel had a very limited time to dispose of Hitler's body, in accordance with his specific orders and/or instructions. Unlike Mussolini, Hitler did not want the Russians/Allies to have access to his recognizable corpse after death, for display/mutilation/desecration.

Here are some supposed eyewitness accounts of key Bunker observers/participants concerning the final disposal of Hitler's lifeless body:

According to Linge, once the bodies had been brought up into the garden (of the Chancellory) Linge, Gunsche and Kempka began the cremation. Linge stated on February 10, 1956, "The petrol which had been provided was then immediately poured over the bodies (of Hitler and Braun). Besides myself, Gunsche and Kempka took part in this. I emptied two cans. I do not know how many cans Gunsche and Kempka emptied. Because of the heavy shelling, it was not possible to ignite the petrol directly. The surrounding buildings were burning and shells were coming in thick and fast. Standing in the exit from the bunker, I therefore twisted a piece of paper into a spill which Bormann lit with a match and which I then threw."

"I do not recall whether others also attempted to ignite the petrol. In any case, I did not see a piece of cloth. When the petrol caught fire, a gigantic flame shot upwards. We then observed the cremation through a slit in the closed bunker door. One thing that stuck in my mind is that within a very short while one of Eva Hitler's knees was lifted up. One could see that the flesh of the knee was already being roasted. About eight minutes after the cremation began I went back downstairs. Before that, all of those present in the exit from the bunker had given Adolf Hitler a final salute. I did not make any observations about the further progress of the fire. I did not return to the site of the fire, nor did I learn anything from the other sources..."

By contrast, Kempka, recalling these same events on December 2, 1953 recounted, "There were several cans of petrol standing inside the exit from the bunker. I immediately picked up one of these cans, went back outside and poured the contents over Adolf Hitler, after I had moved his left arm, which was extended sideways, closer to the body. I then jumped back into the exit and then emptied two further cans over Adolf Hitler and Eva Hitler, while Gunsche and Linge were similarly engaged. While this was going on, the garden was still under very heavy fire. In the bunker exit we then discussed how to light the petrol. Gunsche suggested throwing a hand-grenade, which I rejected. We then found a large rag lying next to the fire hoses in the exit. Gunsche picked this rag up. I opened a can still standing in the exit and wet this rag with petrol."

"Dr. Goebbels handed me a box of matches. I lit the rag. Gunsche threw the burning rag on to Adolf and Eva Hitler. They immediately caught fire, which burst into a mighty flame. After we had saluted, we followed Goebbels back into the bunker. I was not personally involved in the continuation of the cremation nor did I make any personal observations with regard to this..."

Gunsche, the third person involved in setting fire to the bodies, stated on June 21, 1956, "When I turned back towards the bunker exit after I had put the body of Eva Braun down, Kempka and Linge had already stepped out with open cans of petrol in their hands. We three then poured petrol onto the bodies; it is possible all of the nine or ten cans that had been provided--these were Army cans holding 20 liters and they were filled to the top--were emptied. Lighting the petrol presented a problem because of the heavy shelling. Attempts with matches failed. I then considered using a stick grenade which was available. While I was unscrewing the cap I saw that Linge had already made a paper spill which Bormann was in the process of lighting, Bormann then immediately threw this spill outside, whereupon the bunker door was closed. While the door was closing, a bright flare of fire could just be seen. I then remained in the exit for a short while, and I again ordered Hofbeck not to let anyone in or out. Subsequently I, like all the others, went back into the bunker. Before leaving, each of us saluted, some from outside the exit from the bunker, others from inside..."